On 28/11/05, Dab <dabhar1959 / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for looking!
>
> I'm brand new to programming and had just decided to learn Java as a
> first language, then stumbled accross Ruby, which seems far simpler to
> learn, but doesn't seem to have as many resources/books etc.

You make that sound like a bad thing :

http://www.garbett.org/upload/books.jpg

_why has been busy again. Have a look at:

http://tryruby.hobix.com/

then the poignant guide and chris pines 'learn to program' (both a google
away).

I wouldn't recommend the pickaxe to programming noobs since IMO its
not for total beginners to OOP and programming.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/