Thanks for the two wonderful replies, this just turned a wishful
thinking project into something that I could have working in a couple
hours.

I can use the Bluetooth File Exchange app to grab pictures off of my
mobile (that was definitely something I was looking for in a phone; I
wasn't going to pay a dollar a piece for the privilege of emailing
myself my own pictures), so I'm confident that if I can't wrangle
gnokil to access the pics, I'll be able to by talking to the Bluetooth
File Exchange app.

I'll post the code here once I get it working and perhaps it will help
someone else along.