In article
<2f9bef730511282150p247fc372v78ce27495414704e / mail.gmail.com>,
 Peter Burns <rictic / gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to automate transferring pics from a cellphone via bluetooth on
> OS X.  Any suggestions on where to start with this project?  Ruby is the
> natural language for this, not just because I love it so dearly, but because
> I hope to integrate this with a Rails photo gallery app.
>
> My google-fu is failing me on relevant libraries, ruby or otherwise.

gnokii (www.gnokii.org) works for me from the command line. A simple
ryby script around it is:

    info = `gnokii --monitor once`

    numUnreadSMSes = 0
    numSMSes = 0

    info.scan( /^SMS Messages: Unread ([0-9]+), Number ([0-9]+)/) { |x,y|
        numUnreadSMSes = x
        numSMSes = y
    }

    puts numUnreadSMSes
    puts numSMSes

Aside: I may not be possible at all to transfer pictures from your phone
over Bluetooth. Mobile operators would rather have you use MMS to mail
them to yourself.

Reinder