Am brand new to Ruby. I use Log4Perl in my perl work and wanted a
similar capability.  I found log4r and some means of packaging callled
"gem".  When I run the gem installer I get

Installing RDoc documentation for log4r-1.0.5...

src/log4r/base.rb:2:7: Unrecognized directive 'nodoc'

where the last line seems to be repeated over and over for every item
being installed.  So, was the installation successful?  Is it an error
or a warning?  Why, since I'm using freshly fetched "gem" and log4r, do
I get this mismatch?  Is it the gem installer or the log4r package that
is in error?

Any insight, and assurance that Ruby is ready for production use, is
appreciated.