Hi folks.

I'm getting on really well with Ruby (I've not enjoyed programming this
much for ages :)) but I've a few (probably simple) questions I'm hoping
you might be able to help with.

1) Is this the right way to define a method with a dynamic name?

		eval <<-EOC
		  def #{method_name}
		    'You called #{method_name}'
		  end
		EOC

it seems to(?) work, but I wonder if theres a better way?

2) I'm struggling with boolean attributes, and question marks.
attr_accessor (etc) won't allow me to pass those names in (I guess because
they're illegal instance var names). I tried:

	attr_accessor :is_green
	alias is_green? is_green

which works, but again it strikes me theres probably a better way that
I've missed.

3) Does this

	class MyClass
	  @field = "one"
       end

create a class or instance variable? And from that, does

	class MyClass
	  @@field = "one"
  	end

create a class variable on MyClass, Class, or something else? I've tried a
few experiments and am more confused than when I started :)

4) And finally, not exactly a Ruby question, but relevant here I hope?
With a RubyGem, is it possible to install additional files besides
binaries? I'd like to install some manpages along with libs and bin. I
considered misusing the C extension build, but I don't know if it'd work
and it seems a bit nasty...

Thanks in advance!

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk