Dany Cayouette wrote:
> Is is currently possible to create/setup a hierarchy.  I would like to
> use standard gem commands that would 'query' a private server first, but
> that could 'redirect' the query to the 'public' gem site, if query does
> not match on the private server.

You can specify what URL to use to fetch gems.  For your case, you could
set this to a local network URL.

(Some folks already do stuff like this, releasing beta or unstable gems
by hosting them on public, though non-standard, gem server locations.  )

I *think* it is possible to set this in a gem config file so that users
do not have to type it out on each gem install.  Or wrap it in script so
that users can more easily opt to install from the local net or the
public gem repositories.

James