Hi,

In message "Re: [BUG] string range membership"
    on Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:03:19 +0900, "Warren Brown" <warrenbrown / aquire.com> writes:

|So, given that (at least in the case of ranges of strings) there is a
|clear distinction between a value being included in the interval and a
|value being included in the set, it appears that we have a real need for
|two different methods.  The methods Range#include? (in interval) and
|Range#member? (of set) seem to be perfect candidates for these two
|different functionalities.  Before these two methods were merged, did
|they take on these two functionalities, or were they different in some
|other way?

#include? used for range check, #member? was for set membership.  But
since they have same functionality in Enumerable, some claimed having
different behaviors in Range was confusing.  I agreed.

|    Anyway, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help
|settle this issue.

All we need is making up good names for each functionality.

							matz.