On 11/24/05, Sung Soo Kim <sskim.box / gmail.com> wrote:
> It was a great information that it is possible to use SVG in Ruby.
> Thanks for that. :-)
>
> But,,, I don't want to require users to install plug-ins.
> And I don't need any vector feature.
> What I need is a simple drawing tool.
> Isn't there any?
>

> On 11/23/05, Hugh Sasse <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Sung Soo Kim wrote:
> >
> > > I need to draw a simple graphs to post my biological data on web.
> > > And I also want to add some interactivity into the graph (using like a
> > simiple
> > > imagemap).
> >        [...]
> > > Is there any simple drawing library in Ruby? (I'm thinking PHP shape
> > drawing
> > > tools... but I don't want to use PHP...)
> >
> > How is :
> >
> > http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/rubysvg/examples.xhtml
> >
> > for you?
> >
> >        Hugh

Hi,

I don't know what drawing library in PHP are you saying.
In PHP, image* functions[1] are just wrappers for GD library.
Ruby also has several bindings for GD library.

  * gRuby: http://gruby.sourceforge.jp/index.en.html
  * Ruby/GD2: http://rubyurl.com/yNW
  * ruby-gd: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-gd/

BTW, I think ImageMagick has more powerful features than GD.
See rmagick: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

More graphics libraries can be found on RAA:
http://rubyurl.com/YNK

[1]: http://kr2.php.net/gd

--
http://nohmad.sub-port.net