Some questions just out of curiosity.  No offense intended.

Bob Hutchison wrote:

<snip/>

> Xampl is a tool for developing Ruby programs. It facilitates the 'M'
> part
> of an MVC architecture. It is meant to be very easy to use,
> supportive of
> idiomatic Ruby usage, and mostly invisible.
>
> Features:
>    - pure Ruby, no libraries required except those shipped with Ruby
> 1.8.2
>    - uses XML to declaratively describe a object structures
>      - uses a collection of example XML documents, no schema are
> required

Interestingly some days ago I thought about how J2EE is really two
languages (Java for implementation, XML for configuration) and how Ruby
can do both very neatly because of its clean syntax.  From your
experience, does it really pay off to use XML here?  Or is ist just
because you want to be able to read in arbitrary files and use the content
as Ruby objects?

<snip/>

>      - XML, Ruby, and YAML persistence mechanism (purposely no
> Marshal support)

Why is that?  What's the reasoning behind this?

Kind regards

    robert