On 11/20/05, petermichaux / yahoo.com <petermichaux / yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is in the Rails acts_as_list module but I think is a general Ruby
> question. I don't understand the syntax of the ::#{self.name}
> statement. I haven't seen :: without something preceding it. I think I
> understand what this method enables the plugin to do: use the class
> name in which the module is mixed.

Unless that's in a section of string code to be evaled, that's
actually a syntax error. (The #{} syntax is only valid in strings).

However, if you do:

  ::File

You mean specifically that you want the File constant visible at the top level.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca