hoyhoy / gmail.com wrote:
> Interesting...  I actually installed rmagick from gems, but ImageMagick
> from Darwinports (and fink).  The only thing that I haven't tried yet
> is installing ImageMagick from source as was done in the Ruby On OSX
> FAQ.  Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Tony
> http://involution.com

Did the RMagick examples run with no errors when you installed the
RMagick gem? If yes, then RMagick+ImageMagick are okay and your problem
is somewhere else. If not, then you're going to have to fix something,
depending on what kind of errors RMagick displayed.

Here's a quick test to see if ImageMagick is working just by itself. Enter

convert Flower_Hat.jpg temp.gif

(Use whatever image you want as input.) Any error messages?