On 11/19/05, Andreas Schwarz <f / andreas-s.net> wrote:
> halostatue wrote:
>> On 11/19/05, Trans <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So I'd like to know if others would be in support of this approach
>>> as I have already written a system to do exactly this.
> [...]
>> Yeah -- if you really want to propose an alternative, code it. No,
>> really. Sit down and code it out. Start finding out what the problems
>> with your approach would be. I'm *really* tired of people being lazy
>> backseat drivers to the problems that the RubyGems team has *solved*.
> Sometimes it could help to actually read the post you are replying to.

I did read. I will admit to having missed that. Trans would be better
off releasing his code rather than starting a pseudo-philsophical
discussion filled with his usual nonsense. If he thinks his approach is
better, he should just simply *release* the damned code rather than post
what he posted.

My prediction? People are going to find it far less useful and robust
than RubyGems and addressing a miniscule portion of the total problem
set.

>> Otherwise, STFU. Please.
> I think you have a problem with criticism.

I think you don't know me -- or don't really pay attention to the
projects on which I work. I have a problem with people who start
nonsense discussions, as Trans *often* does. He's not the only, but he
was one of the ones who was involved in one of the most nonsensical
discussions about Gems last time around.

For the record, I have never contributed code to RubyGems and have
equally supported RubyGems and RPA when both projects existed. Since no
one has actually bothered to release anything that they think is more
suitable than RubyGems that solves *both* problems that RubyGems solves
(and they'd *quickly* find out that the two pieces need to be closely
related), I have become a strong RubyGems advocate and have no time for
someone who isn't interested in a *clean* and *workable* Ruby-oriented
solution. RubyGems is not as clean as I'd like, but it's a lot cleaner
than Trans's so-called "solution."

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com