> practical needs.  I'm less in touch with Nitro's development process, but was
> told the other day that there are a number of production applications and 10
> or so active users.  Certainly not a large crowd, but definitely enough to
> provide a good feedback cycle to shape the framework's practical development.

Many ideas for Nitro were extracted while working on a number of
ruby-powered websites over the last 3 years. One of these sites,
joy.gr is quite probably one of the biggest real world Ruby
applications:

~ 20.000.0000 page views / month
~ 4.000 new registered users / month
~ 200.000 unique visitors (IPs) / month
~ 1000-3000 concurrent online users

Running from a single, old server, using an old, unoptimized ruby
powered web engine. All this before the first version of Rails was
even released.

We have experienced many problems from our old engine, and during the
last 3 years we have had the chance to carefully study the practical
issues and work out effective solutions. The fruit of our efforts is
Nitro. Restarted from scratch about one year ago, influenced by Rails
and other projects (Wee, CherryPy, etc..) it now provides everything
you need to build professional Web applications in the most natural
way.

regards,
George.

--