--T5lEEpaKr99j3+okyJB

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 04:51 +0900, Mike Schwab wrote:
> I have spent a fair amount of time pondering my structural approach for
> contradiction, iff, translation, etc.  My current plan is to add a
> table that stores the two args and an int for the type of relationship
> between them.  But perhaps a good look some of this structured debate
> research would be a smart plan.  Did you notice any algorithms or data
> structures that stood out as insightful?  I think simplicity is
> probably quite important in a system designed to scale very large and
> 'judge' things with a subtle touch.

Just so you're not disappointed later on, be aware that propositional
logic has been shown to have serious limitations.

Now, just because it's seriously deficient doesn't mean it isn't still
useful (the perfect being the enemy of the good...), but there are
definitely limitations to what you can do.

You'll see similar issues raised concerning the Semantic Web in general
(by the way, you really should be looking at the RDF data model for what
you're doing).

-mental

--T5lEEpaKr99j3+okyJB

--T5lEEpaKr99j3+okyJB--