andreas wrote:
> I have set up a forum that mirrors the ruby-talk and rails mailing lists:
>
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/
>
> If you notice problems or have any suggestions, please send me a mail.

I very much like the "if you log in, threads with messages you haven't
read are in bold" feature.  And the "sort threads by most recent
activity feature".

But it would be _much_ more useful if it used the info more, so that
when I go into a thread where I've not read (say) the last 3 out of 40
messages, instead of having to jump to the bottom and move up to see the
newest stuff, the page produced had

Display already-read messages
-----------------------------      (that's supposed to be a URL)

followed by the messages I haven't yet read.  That would mean that I'd
be fine if I had only read 23 of the 40 messages as well...

(Can we get to threads older than the ones shown?  Activity seems to be
falling off the bottom quickly, unless I read from the bottom up....)

The option for a hierarchical display of sender / time / header, with
bold marking unread posts, showing only text for unread posts, and an
AJAX mechanism to get the text of any/all desired already-read posts --
that would be truly excellent.

There were some discussions about people having a way to vote for
threads.  That, and a way to nominate answers for some kind of FAQ,
would be other great additions.  Are you planning either of those?

Thanks for the effort.