Andrew Thompson wrote:

> > Likewise.  Thank you mutt(1).

> Yeah, I saw this one coming :) I'm just stating my personal
> preference, I prefer a forum to a mailinglist any day.

> > And why was my message the one you replied to?  (I'm not looking for
> > an argument, honest.)

> Last one in the thread at the time, what else should I have done?

This is precisely why a list-view of a thread is such a bad paradigm.
You "should have" responded to the initial message, as your response was
directed at that message (or the thread as a whole as it were), not my
response to it in particular.

> > Furthermore, the human brain, together with the human eye, prefers
> > to process lines that contain about 72 (note the about) characters.

> If you say so, I find the wrapping on most emails kind of annoying, it
> also makes things a lot longer vertically then they would be if they
> wrapped in a more efficent fashion.

Give me verticality over horizontality any day! ;-)

        nikolai