On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 03:36:50PM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> In message "[ruby-talk:16545] Re: walking the ruby_frame list"
>     on 01/06/17, victor <victor / fnordovax.dyndns.org> writes:
>
> |I am looking for the object that invoked the method.  Walking back up
> |the frame list was just the first simple method that I found.
>
> Does RCR#U015 "replace 'caller' with 'call_stack'" seem to help you?
> It can be read at <http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby?NeedDiscussion>.

Yes, that would help me out. Making the objects on the call stack explicitly
avaialble would also make debugging in general simpler, I think.  Correct me
if I am wrong, but could not RCR#u015 be implemented almost trivially by
adding the object's VALUE onto the array of things returned by caller?  And
since it is using the same logic as the caller method is, would it also be
thread-safe?

> 							matz.

			Victor