> How is it easier to read 500 emails in forum form?

Well, I can easily see what threads have had updates since I've read
them, and I can easily ignore entire threads. Also, I spend a lot more
time in a browser then a mail client

> Or better yet, reply to the pertinent message and remove any text that
> isn't relevant to your reply, instead of replying to some random message
> in the thread.

And when you don't have a particular reply to reply to? (I usually do
the above when I'm replying to something specific, like right now).

> In a perfect world, all MUAs would produce In-Reply-To and References
> headers.

Yeah, but we self evidently do not, which is why I proposed something to
augment those.

> The line-length is probably set at 72 or some such, as most people send
> emails with 72-characters-per-line-long lines

I'm in a browser, I don't need my lines wrapped at 72 characters, I'd
prefer to have them wrapped depending on the size of my browser window.

Andrew