On Tuesday 15 November 2005 2:57 pm, Trans wrote:

> raises an interesting conundrum. If I were to address this by splitting
> out most of the class/modules of Facets into indivdual projects, then
> many of those very same toplevel namespaces would get used up anyway.
>
> B/c of issues like this I get the feeling that there might be a better
> way than the present convention (which appears to be basically an
> adaptation from Perl).

Split them up into separate mini projects.  Have them all live under Facets::

Then, if you want, provide a simple mechanism to promote them to being
accessible from the top level, so that the user can decide whether to use
them in the nice, safe Facets namespace, or whether they see enough benefit
to having the class at the top level.

Might be an interesting discussion to talk about this aspect.  For example,
let's say my Webcache were in Facets as Facets::Webcache.

If someone wants to use it at the top level, they can do:

Webcache = Facets::Webcache

Does there need to be anything more sophisticated than that?  I haven't
conclusively convinced myself, but right now I am thinking that not doing
anything special and thus keeping it transparent and simple.

Kirk Haines