> When is using the toplevel constant namespace justified?

I think the general rule should be as Kirk says, "keep all of your
junk inside your own namespace".

> How could one pull X up to toplevel if they wanted w/o bringing Y?
> Perhaps:
>
>  X = MySpace::X
>
> but there is a caution here b/c poorly written classes would have
> problems with this.

I guess one of the reasons people pollute the toplevel namespace
is because they don't know how to write well-behaved classes
that can be pulled up in this manner when required. Perhaps
documenting how to do that correctly would be a start.

Regards,

Sean