This is really cool, I'm not a big fan of high-traffic mailinglists (I
tend to not read them for a couple days then find I'm swamped). This
should fit my reading habits better (I can swing by and see what's
interesting without pulling 500 emails).

I have a couple ideas; would it be possible to have a generic "reply"
option in addition to the "reply with quote"(so I don't have to delete
text)? Would it be possible to try to join broken threads with the
original parent using some heuristic? What about expanding the
line-length so it actually uses more then 1/4 of my screen width? How
about displaying quotes better? Previewing might be handy too...

I actually tried something like this myself a couple years back, except
I did it in PHP so I was doomed to frustration and failure. I'm annoyed
that I don't have enough free time so I could offer to help with this,
but maybe that will change.

Andrew