Adam Sanderson wrote:

> No way!  Lets discuss the possibility of discussing this some more!
> I move to begin discussions on the proper mechanism for future
> discussions ;)
>
> Does someone want to get a rubyforge project set up?  I think we can
> have a lot of fun with this.
>   .adam

Without a 3 day kickoff workshop, and validated reviews of the
requirement analyses process plan?

I think this project is doomed already, no?

I would say forget all the fancy stuff, no obstacles, no configuration,
just plain robots with a scanner and a big nasty cannon. (and some
superdupa special effects of course - oh.. sorry)

Slow bullets and suboptimal scanners in a 2d world is realy enough to
provide fun. (and the BIIIG explosions of course - ah... again, sorry)

And for the online fun, keep it for version 2.0 or better 3.0. Until
that create a way to inject a random seed in the arena program. That way
everyone can have a replay of official matches just by providing this
random seed to his localy installed arena (and the bots of course).

just my 2 cents

cheers

Simon