Sorry for the late reply here, but I'm still catching up on Ruby-Talk.
While I'm not actually advocating that you use this, because it's
probably more than you need.. anyone working on a DSL for business
processes should take a look at BPEL, at least to see what problems
they had to overcome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPEL
Even cooler would be a Ruby DSL that wrapped BPEL, because then your
DSL could inter-operate with non-Ruby code. Still, that's probably
more work than you're looking to do.

--Wilson.