Hi to everyone,

I'm just approaching ruby (so far I like it) coming from Python and
other OO languages.

I've bought the new edition of the famous "Pickaxe" book and I'm having
a little difficulties understanding a piece of code.

There's a paragraph (on page 354 for those who have that book) about
"Module Definitions" which contains the following snippet of code:

CONST="outer"
module Mod
     CONST=1
     def Mod.method1()
         CONST + 1

module Mod::Inner
     def (Mod::Inner).method2()
         CONST + " scope"

well, this last part is the one causing me difficulties.

"::" is the scope resolutor, and so far so good, but "Mod::Inner" what
is it?
"Inner" ought to be a constant judging from the name conventions.
Is it a predefinite one, or what?

I imagine that the definition under "Mod::Inner" are meant to insert
"method2" in the module "Mod". Just can't figure why "Mod::Inner".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Carmine Moleti