In article <20051112220548.GB13404 / gandalf.wlan>, hans / fugal.net says...
> I've noticed that the frequency of questions about doing audio stuff
> with ruby is increasing.

Ha!  He said frequency.

> My plans for this are simple: wrap libsndfile, libsamplerate, and
> possibly portaudio. Combined with ladspar, midilib, and other ruby audio
> libs that exist, this should get us well on the way.

Looks really good, and the NArray interface is simple.  What do you
think about wrapping libmad?

I need to write a simple utility that monitors a streaming audio server
for silence, and pages me when it detects an outage.  Seems like all I
need is libmad and some code to detect a bunch of zeros... perfect for a
simple ruby script, if the bindings were there.  Ya?

Ah, but how does NArray deal with the constant resizing resulting from
an ongoing stream?  Is there a copy each time?

--
Jay Levitt                |
Wellesley, MA             | I feel calm.  I feel ready.  I can only