Daniel Schierbeck <daniel.schierbeck / gmail.com> writes:

>Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>> So now, all we need is to have a few to_* conversion methods added to
>> the standard Time, DateTime, and Date classes so that we all don't have
>> to keep re-inventing this. :)
>>

>Yeah, but only if there's a strong enough sentiment in the community. No
>reason to add to the standard library unless the functionality is really
>needed.

Well, as it turns out, last week I spent about an hour looking for
these conversion functions (using ri, the pickaxe book, etc.), before
realizing they weren't part of the standard library and writing them myself.
Another reason to add to the standard library is if something is so natural
that is confusing to _not_ find it there.
--
	Steven
	grady / xcf.berkeley.edu