Presumably a spectator view would provide information that is beyond
that which the bot should be able to obtain from his "in the world"
viewpoint.  Knowing the bad bot with the BFG is just round the corner
removes some of the anticipation :)

A delay of several minutes between the game and the spectator is a
common mechanism of addressing this problem.