On Saturday 12 November 2005 11:26 am, David A. Black wrote:

> (Could we get all the time/date stuff unified and loaded by default?
> Is that too much overhead?)

I don't know if that is practical.  Time and Date/DateTime use two entirely
different mechanisms for keeping track of the passage of time.  Time utilizes
seconds since the start of 1970 -- standard Unix time tracking.

Date/DateTime uses keeps tracks of days and fractions of days using Rational,
and it's start of time is about the start of the year in 4712 B.C.

They are quite different, and while one should not have to write one's own
code to convert from one to another -- all three classes should be patched to
allow each conversion from one to another -- they should stay separate.

Kirk Haines