Hi

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:47:15 +0100, Jaypee <rf.oodanaw / sd.eepyaj> wrote:
> nib files are plain text files, so with such simple text tools as an
> editor with a "compare files" built-in command, or a "diff" you can get
> an idea of where the difference is.
> J-P

I'm afraid I have to disagree on that. .nib files are folders, not simple
text files. A nib folder consists of 3 parts, classes.nib, info.nib and
keyedobjects.nib. While the first two are text files, the second is a
binary file. To "debug" the .nib, use nibtool, "nibtool --help".

Basically "nibtool --classes MainMenu.nib" returns the same as in the
classes.nib, but you can also return all the objects, the hierarchy of the
objects and all connections between them.

I've once built a .nib > ruby classes converter prototype, you can ask me
if you want to have a look on it.

Kash