Andreas Schwarz wrote:
> daz wrote:
> >
> > I guess, with permission from the list admin., you would pipe all
> > forum posts through one list account (as the NG->ML gateway does).
>
> I'm not sure how to do this. I think the list software checks the From
> header and bounces the mail if the address is not in the subscriber
> list. Or am I wrong about this?

Here's a recent ruby-talk post which originated from a UseNet poster:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ruby-talk/165489

  From: Andreas Schwarz <usenet / andr...>
  To: ruby-talk / ruby-la... (ruby-talk ML)
  [...]

That post and all other UseNet posts are collected, then smtp'd
individually to the ruby-talk mailing list by the same agent.

The actual header checked by the list software is "Mail From:"
which doesn't show in the archives (privacy/security).

I'm just not sure about is how popular increased traffic would be.
There are quite a few list members who'd happily disconnect
c.l.ruby from ruby-talk and I can hear them shouting at me to shut up.
- Some good that'll do ;-)
OTOH, I suspect there are /zero/ newsgroupers who would wish the
disconnection of ruby-talk from c.l.ruby 'cos we love 'em to bits.

daz