daz wrote:
> Andreas Schwarz wrote:
>
>>Still, there is one problem: The ruby-lang list requires registration
>>before posting. So people would have to register for the forum and for
>>the mailing list. That would probably create confusion. I will talk to
>>the list admin about that.
>

> (ruby-talk list assumed)

Yes, I mixed up ruby-talk and comp.lang.ruby.

> Posts to comp.lang.ruby are mirrored to the list (the gateway software
> is just one member of the list).
>
> You could send all forum posts to c.l.ruby without needing permission
> from anyone (until, maybe, someone complained).
>
> I guess, with permission from the list admin., you would pipe all
> forum posts through one list account (as the NG->ML gateway does).

I'm not sure how to do this. I think the list software checks the From
header and bounces the mail if the address is not in the subscriber
list. Or am I wrong about this?

I have contacted the list admin, let's see what he has to say.

> IOW, either way, folks need to subscribe to your forum, only.
>
> Presumably, traffic to the ML/NG would increase but we'd just have to
> deal with it.

Increased traffic is not necessarily a bad thing... and at least it's
free of HTML crap when it comes from the forum.

Andreas

--
http://www.mikrocontroller.net
http://rforum.andreas-s.net - Ruby Web Forum