Keith Fahlgren wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Hal Fulton wrote:
>

> Does this need to be a pure Ruby solution? If not, I'd suggest using (or
> adapting) the standard DocBook stylesheets
> (http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookXslStylesheets), and using
> (perhaps via the Ruby libxslt bindings) those to generate XSL-FO, which you can
> then feed into FOP (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/) or the FO formatter
> of your choice.

That sounds tedious and error-prone to me -- I don't normally use any
of this stuff. And I don't even know what FO is.

> Alternately, OpenOffice.org can open (and reasonably) format DocBook
> files, and has a built-in PDF printer, and is scriptable via Ruby (though I
> wouldn't necessarily recommend it).

There doesn't really *need* to be any scripting necessarily. I just want
to be able to reformat the doc in a couple of different ways.

My OOo, however, doesn't seem to know DocBook. It's probably old (1.1.0) --
what is the newest one? Or is this some separate plugin?

Thanks,
Hal