Hi all,

Solaris 10
Ruby 1.8.2
ruby-ldap 0.9.2
openldap 2.1.3

I built ruby-ldap successfully on my solaris box, and I can do regular
connections just fine.  However, I can't seem to do secure connections using
LDAP::SSLConn.new.

If I just try to pass the server name, and no other arguments, it dies with an
"unknown error", stemming from these lines in sslconn.c:

/* line 108 ff */
else
     {
       int opt = LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_HARD;
       ldapdata->err = ldap_set_option (cldap, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS, &opt);
       Check_LDAP_Result (ldapdata->err);
     }

I also tried passing an explicit port, and 'true' for the 'start_tls' option
like so:

ldap = LDAP::SSLConn.new(ldap_server, 389, true)

That resulted in this rather odd error:

Assertion failed: SOCKBUF_VALID( sb ), file sockbuf.c, line 82
Abort (core dumped)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan