> Turning to the internet to get your exam problems solved by others is
> completely unethical. If you can't do it on your own, you deserve to flunk.
> Nothing else is appropriate here.

I am not quite sure how to put this - turning to the Internet for help is
not in itself unethical, not even for a uni course. Some courses might
well be hard enough in themselves to warrant researching / asking for
help.

It will become unethical, though, the moment you turn in your result
without attributing any help you got.

I think one of the signs of a good engineer would be to also go out and
ask others for help on something, rather than inventing the wheel for the
gazillionth time.

Whether the ruby grammar here is an example complex enough to warrant
asking for help, I can't quite say - I haven't seen the course the
original poster is taking, nor do I really know where the parser fits into
the task at hand.

I sure as heck did not *really* enjoy my javacc exercises - though, I
pulled through them without resorting to too much help... ;-)

Benedikt

   ALLIANCE, n.  In international politics, the union of two thieves who
     have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that
     they cannot separately plunder a third.
 			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)