jweirich / one.net writes:

>     Michael> Hi Everyone, I have to say I'm utterly fascinated by Ruby
>     Michael> and I'm really getting in to the spirit of it.
>
> Hi Michael.  Glad you've been enjoying Ruby.
>
>     Michael> Procs, Blocks - a confusion. [...] One of the most
>     Michael> comment extensions to Smalltalk that you might find is
>     Michael> this:
>     Michael>     detect: detectBlock ifFound: foundBlock ifNone: noneBlock
>
> Yes, I agree that I have occasionally wished for the ability to easily
> pass multiple blocks to a method.  However, I have found that this
> limitation is not too onerous.

When keyword arguments are introduced, it's possible that we might be
able to get closer to Smalltalk too. I _think_ it's possible to parse
Ruby keywork arguments without requiring commas between them, and each
could potentially take a block.

However, some folks feel that this is getting too close to
Smalltalk. I'm not sure I see why that's a valid objection, but I'd
like to see it discussed.

Dave