On Nov 8, 2005, at 4:14 PM, Wilson Bilkovich wrote:

> On 11/8/05, mental / rydia.net <mental / rydia.net> wrote:
>
>> However, be aware that even if this test case passes, it doesn't
>> reliably demonstrate the absence of a race condition.
>
> Are you saying that race conditions are in general impossible to
> prove/disprove, or just that my code isn't the way to do it?  Heh.

You may be able to demonstrate a race condition with a test case, but
when the test passes you cannot be certain that the race condition no
longer exists.  It may simply mean that the race was "won" instead of
"lost".

Instead you need to prove your program has no race conditions.

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04