Kev Jackson wrote:

> FYI Komodo from activestate has recently added ruby support, the windows
> beta version is available for download, I may look at it at some point

I am downloading the Windows trial version as I'm typing this. From
what I read it sounds like it would be a nice IDE. After years of
programming in different languages I still fall back to basic text
editors for most of my work. That's why the old IDE argument against
Ruby falls on deaf ears in my case. It's like a good literary author.
They could have a sharpened #2 pencil and a spiral notepad, an old
Smith Corona typewriter, an Apple Powerbook, or a secretary sitting
beside them taking dictation. The work ultimately will be the work. An
fancy IDE that performs autocompletions, suggestions, syntax
highlighting, etc. seems to be analogous to having all of these
writer's dictionaries, thesaurii, etc. at their beck and call...