((comp.lang.misc + cc: ruby-lang ML))

From: Guy N. Hurst <gnhurst / hurstlinks.com>

> Great idea!
>
> I support this effort.
>
> If anyone is capable of doing this, but needs the proper development
> tools, let me know, and I will see what I can do to finance them...

Well, I'm not the optimal person due to very limited C++ knowledge and still
being a Ruby novice, but I learn quickly and I have no qualms about asking
however many dumb questions it takes to overcome problems, so I'm sure I can
get this working if we can't get someone else to do it before I finish up
with the comp.lang.ruby RFD process.

What do others think about making wxWindows the default (not exclusive, just
default) cross-platform Ruby GUI and including Ruby/wxWindows as part of the
standard Ruby distribution?

(Incidentally, another design consideration for the Ruby/wxWindows module is
to anticipate the possibility of really good cross-platform
availability/support of GTK some 2 or 4 or 6 years from now, in which case
we would want to make it as easy as possible to make GTK the new default
Ruby GUI, while preserving the wxWindows interface with the wxWindows/GTK
binding.)

Conrad