Hi matz,

On Nov 5, 2005, at 5:01 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>>   image.resize! 200, 300
>>   image.draw do |pen|
>>     pen.color = image.palette.find! Color.new(1.0, 0.75, 0.5)
>
> I don't think resize! and find! do not require bang sign in the
> name. Note that, unlike Scheme, bang sign indicates "more
> dangerous" alternatives to non bang ones in Ruby, for example, sub
> (returns modified copy of the receiver) and sub! (modifies the
> receiver in place).

Actually, I was conscious of this; the non-bang Image#resize does not
modify the receiver but returns a new image instead. Also,
Palette#find never modifies the palette, but Palette#find! allocates
the color if it doesn't already exist.

So I didn't use the bang sign without reason, but perhaps it's a bit
much to have non-destructive image operations? (Besides #resize,
there is also #rotate, #crop, #uncrop, and #polar_transform.)

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
   -rob