Hi,

In message "Re: [ANN] Ruby/GD2 alternative to Ruby/GD"
    on Sat, 5 Nov 2005 13:36:29 +0900, Rob Leslie <rob / mars.org> writes:

|The library I wrote is an alternative to Ruby/GD. I wrote it because
|I wasn't satisfied with the original; in particular, there was no
|support for creating images from JPEG or PNG data already in memory.
|My alternative is 100% Ruby, relying on Ruby/DL to link with the gd
|shared library.

It's good to have another "Ruby Way" library.

|   image.resize! 200, 300
|   image.draw do |pen|
|     pen.color = image.palette.find! Color.new(1.0, 0.75, 0.5)

I don't think resize! and find! do not require bang sign in the name.
Note that, unlike Scheme, bang sign indicates "more dangerous"
alternatives to non bang ones in Ruby, for example, sub (returns
modified copy of the receiver) and sub! (modifies the receiver in
place).

							matz.