On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Defining equivalence of method objects are probably little bit
> difficult than you expected (considering alias, subclass overriding,
> etc.), but you inspired me certain behavior.  I'll try it later to see
> how it goes well.

For unbound methods: my idea on it is that one def is one method, so if
two so-called "different methods" originate from the same "def" statement,
they're equal. "alias" does not create new methods, overriding does.

how that extends to bound methods, now, not sure: should it test receiver1
== receiver2, or receiver1.id == receiver2.id, or just concentrate on the
method (the "defness") itself.

matju