Trying to call the Net::FTP list command, e.g. ftp.list(), on my Mac
causes the script to hang.  I've debug traced into the libraries as
far as I can go, and the thing hangs at net/ftp.rb line 340:  conn =
sock.accept.  I'm not sure if this is the problem though, as it's two
"synchronize" calls deep, so maybe it's a threading issue on the Mac.

I've tried this on both the Ruby 1.8.2 that comes with OS X (Tiger),
and compiling and installing 1.8.3 from scratch.  Neither works; both
hang.  Anyone else having similar problems?  Any thoughts on a solution?

By the way, the same exact script works fine on Ubuntu Linux and
RedHat ES.

Sean Bowman
Lab Architect/Ontology Strategy
1221 Auraria Parkway