Hi --

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Christophe Grandsire wrote:

> Selon James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net>:
>

>> Yes, an isn't Enumerator in the core as of 1.9?  Time to get use to
>> seeing it.  ;)
>>

> Indeed, check: http://ruby-doc.org/core-1.9/
>
> Not only that, but there is also the plan to have enumerating methods return an
> enumerator when they aren't given a block. I don't know if it still will
> happen, but it sure is a great idea (that would only be for the methods that
> don't already have a defined meaning when they aren't given a block I suppose).

I'm not sure where that stands either.  It always looked too
elliptical to me, if I'm remembering it correctly -- too much in the
category of "dot syntax for non-dot semantics".  I know that a method
call can return an enumerator as well as anything else, but it just
always looked a little odd to me:

   people.each.something...

It looks like chaining but it isn't really.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net