petermichaux / yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a Ruby beautifier out there that can do more than just
> indenting?
>
> Some things I'd like to do are
>
> * change a single line with semi-colon separated statements into
> multiple lines with no semi-colons.
>
> * change multi line blocks with {...} to multi line blocks with
> do...end
>
> What other features would be good?

The following would be good if the programmer could set the values. Here
are some examples of little things...

Change "meth(a)" to "meth( a )"

Change "meth(a,b,c,d)" to "meth( a, b, c, d )"

Put consistency spacing between the end of a \w and the beginning of {
Example:
    "arr.each{ |i| .. }"    to   "arr.each { |i| ... }"

Move multiline conditional statements that only have 1 line of code to 1
line. Example:
     if condition
        my_obj.do_something_here
     end
to:
     my_obj.do_something_here if condition
Of source maximum line length may want to be considered.

Change calls like:
   method :key1=>val, :key2=>val2
to:
   method( :key1=>val, :key2=>val2 )

Also change things like:
   method :key1 => val,
     :key2 => val,
     :key3 =>val
to:
    method( :key1 => val,
     :key2 => val,
     :key3 =>val )

Allow user to specify number of spaces if any between hash key/vals. So:
    h = { :key=>:val }
to perhaps:
    h = { :key => :val }
or vise versa.