Ryan Leavengood <leavengood / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/05, Trans <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ryan,
>>
>> All work and no play? :-(
>
> Hehehe, I'm just saying that I think these discussions get out of hand
> occasionally.

I think this is nothing to worry about.  After all, I'm a big fan of
democracy and still think it's better than other forms of government (please
don't take the discussion down *that* road too far).  But the main point
here is that it's everybody's own decision whether he / she participates in
these threads.  With a little experience you can easily detect those threads
and ignore them if you feel like it.  And since you're using gmail you don't
have to worry about space and or bandwidth either, do you? :-)

> I do take part in some Ruby Quizzes which I find both fun and useful.
> The recent thread about finding non-unique array elements got pretty
> long, but in the end we all learned quite a bit. Work and play can
> sometimes be combined.

Definitely.

To sum up: I'm totally with David and I think we should take his statement
for what it is: a warning notice, a reminder to maybe more often try to keep
some focus but not more - especially not any form of censorship.

Kind regards

    robert