Trans wrote:
>> anything but I solved my problem by moving the original
>> authors' code I was using out of the collection and into my vendor
>> lib.
>
> Also, who whould the orginal author be? Considering I've written well
> over half of it with my own two hands would it be me? I don't care if
> you copy, but use appropriate license and credit the authors involved
> appropriately.

Don't worry as that happens to be a particular obsession of mine.

> But really I don't know what your so upset about. I upgrade my system.
> I got Ruby 1.8.3 when I did. I did not know gems would break b/c of it
> --and yes I'm going to go back an reinstall 1.8.2 to fix it.

I'm not.  I simply asked similar questions of Facets that you are asking
of Ruby.

My solution is to fork it rather than deal with it.   Similarly I forked Og
Dog because while it had good ideas, it suffers from dysfunctional
development and project management methodology.

Maybe I'll come back to Facets/Mega/Nano/Whatever when it matures.

In the meantime I'll remain agile and independent.
Good luck.

--
J Lambert