On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:02:51 +0200, Brian Schröäer <ruby.brian / gmail.com>
wrote:

> What is so bad about
>
> ary.sort_by { | it | it.meth(foo, bar, wack!) }

Nothing, it is just more typing...

> Then you can even make your sourcecode readable by putting information
> into the it
>
> playlist.sort_by { | track | track.meth(foo, bar, wack!) }
> instead of
> playlist.sort_by { it.meth(foo, bar, wack!) }
>
> where it is unclear what the it is.

I know that it is not very clear, you have to get the meaning from the
context.
The implicit version would just be for short blocks, where the meaning is
obvious from the context.
I don't want to remove the named block parameters, just offer an
alternative.

Dominik