gabriele renzi wrote:
> Trans ha scritto:
> <snipall>
>
> first, let me say I find your work on facets/carats/nano/mega useful and
> I thank you for this, but may I suggest a little more thinking is put on
> radical changes like requiring logic and names?

Try _too much_ thinking, not too little. Beleive me this hasn't been
easy for me and there are some circumstances regarding the name issue
that I'm won't go into b/c its long and boring. But the needless to
say, the naming issue is done.

> AFAIR in most new releases there was a major change (naming scheme for
> methods, require logic, module names etc).

For the last two release that's true. But Facets is beta on the whole.
It's getting more stable but it will still take a release or two before
to starts to really settle down.

> I'm not trying to say you did not put reasoning behind this, but
> somewhat I got the feeling that the whole thing seems fragile and non
> dependable (is this a word?).

I think that's overstating a bit. Facet's is simply going through an
important transition. (The naming issue aside which was unfortunate but
incidental) This is really a transition to something _more dependable_.
Why? Think about this new way to call on methods

  String.use Facets, :capitalized?

Notice there is no mention of any location in the file system. Consider
also the punctiuation mark being used and the fact that this can search
the class hierarcy for the method. This all adds up to a more robust,
more reliable system.

So yes, its a change and a transition. A different way of doing things.
But there is a great deal of benefit to gain from it. I'm trying to
make the transistion as gentle as possible.

T.