Park Heesob wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> From: Zach Dennis <zdennis / mktec.com>
>> To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>> Subject: Re: MySQL Ruby On Windows , Why?
>> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:56:36 +0900
>>
>> zdennis wrote:

>>> Thank you Park for responding. Tomorrow when I get to the office I am
>>> going to try to recompile following your previous post, and this last
>>> post. With any luck I am going to throw it up on a few different
>>> spots on the web so perhaps it will get out there a bit more.
>>

>> I am running Windows 2k. I tried the solution that worked for you on
>> Windows XP but I still get...
>>
>> ruby extconf.rb --with-mysql-include="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
>> Server 4.1\include" --with-mysql-lib="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
>> Server  4.1\lib\opt"
>>
>> checking for mysql_reconnect() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>> checking for main() in m.lib... yes
>> checking for mysql_reconnect() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>> checking for main() in z.lib... no
>> checking for mysql_reconnect() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>> checking for main() in socket.lib... no
>> checking for mysql_reconnect() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>> checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
>> checking for mysql_reconnect() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>>
>> I have verified the location of my lib files and my include files, but
>> no go. Perhaps I will just download your binary =)
>>
> Didn't you remove the line
> libs = ['m', 'z', 'socket', 'nsl']
> from extconf.rb ?
> Please try with the same patched extconf.rb as in my previous post.

Using your patch from the google group posting, I get:

checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
extconf.rb:14: undefined method `empty?' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

This is because your patch removes the "libs = [ ...]" line, but you
don't affect the the other lines that refer to the libs array...

any more thoughts? (Could you paste your Makefile?)

Thanks,

Zach