Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:16270] Re: Strange idea... exporting from a scope"
    on 01/06/07, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> writes:

|And this is where I have some concerns. Right now, Ruby is fairly
|agnostic about the style you adopt. You can write Ruby as you'd write
|Perl, and you can write Ruby as you'd write Smalltalk. With this
|change, it would be less practical to write the monolithic-style of
|Ruby program. This might be a Good Thing. But at the same time it's
|really the first time that the Ruby language puts that kind of
|constraint on programming style. Do we want Ruby to make it hard to
|write programs in a certain (dubious) style?

I think Ruby already discourages the huge monolithic-style, by
ommitting scope constructure other than block.  Unlike other
languages, Ruby does not have any constructure to make up scope only
(e.g. { } in C or (let) in Lisp).

							matz.